St. Croix Regional Medical Center
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Sterilization and Reprocessing Tech
at St. Croix Regional Medical Center
- St Croix Falls, WI, USA
- Full Time
Saint Croix Regional Medical Center:
St. Croix Regional Medical Center has been a healing force in the St. Croix Valley since 1919. Our traditions hold true today, we remain dedicated to the vision of building a healthier community. We continue the strong tradition of quality medicine with a focus on compassionate care through our 25 bed Critical Access Hospital and 5 clinic locations. Our goal is for every patient and visitor to have a positive experience. We want everybody to leave our facilities knowing they or their loved ones received the best care possible.
St. Croix Regional Medical Center is a non-profit health care network that provides an array of high quality services at our facilities in St. Croix Falls (clinic and critical access hospital), Balsam Lake, Frederic and Webster, WI along with a clinic in Lindstrom, MN. Our main campus is located in St. Croix Falls, WI, just an hour northeast of Minneapolis/ St. Paul. Nestled in the bluffs of the St. Croix River Valley, St. Croix Falls is the ideal place to work, live and play.
St. Croix Regional Medical Center is currently seeking a Lead CSR Technician. The Lead CSR Technician is responsible for developing processes and protocols related to ensuring patient care and surgical supplies, equipment, and instruments are properly inventoried, decontaminated, assembled, inspected, packaged, sterilized, stored, distributed, and tracked in quality and in a timely manner thoughout the health system.
Lead CSR Technician Essentail Duties:
- Provides the proper handling, cleaning, disinfecting, sterilization and assembly of instrumentation and patient-related equipment to render items safe for handling and use.
- Monitors stock and filling supplies.
- Develops processes and protocols related to ensuring patient care and surgical supplies, equipment, and instruments are properly inventoried, decontaminated, assembled, inspected, packaged, sterilized, stored, distributed, and tracked in a qualtity and timely manner throughout the medical center.
- Develops and educates staff on standard operating procedures (SOPs), policies, Infection Prevention and Control Guidelines.
- Recognizes potential and actual processing errors and follow-ups according to procedure or management instruction.
Qualifications of a Lead CSR Technician:
- High school diploma/equivalent OR one of the following qualifications:
- Completion of an associate degree program or higher; OR prior experience as a CSR Technician in a sterile processing deparment; OR enrollment in an associate degree program or higher with completion of clinical internship in sterile processing.
- Six months (1040 hours) experience in sterile processing/surgical instrumentation OR certification as a CST preferred
- Successful completion of steriliztion, decontamination, and instrumentation competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prioritizes work according to direction and/or demand; monitoring flow and timing
- Consistently demonstrates professional, courteous, cusomer service conduct and approach/attitude.
- Functional knowledge and application of sterilization parameters for steam and hydrogen peroxide with interpretation and analysis
- Keeps current with new instruments, equipment and tracking system changes
- Use of critical thinking skills and analysis for problem-solving as necessary
- Responsibile for maintaining currency with policies and procedures
St. Croix Regional Medical Center (SCRMC) is an EEO/AAP Employer.