STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Die Cast Cellular Technician
at STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION
- Job ID
- Posted Date
- 2 months ago(2/28/2019 1:39 PM)
JOB SUMMARY/REPORTS TO: Reports to Area Supervisor. Performs setups and operate machinery in Die Cast Cellular area. Performs troubleshooting and necessary corrections to maximize production through optimal operations of the machines.
- Utilizes and updates area machine Production Monitoring System.
- Prioritizes work load, reviewing balances, and set ups needed, noting machine defects, and
- identifying machines shut down as on Production Monitoring System.
- Complete Machine set- ups and removal of completed production ran tooling.
- Complete First Piece Inspection requirements, insure machine is running satisfactorily, making
- appropriate adjustments, taking a new first piece to compare against board example piece and perform full bench checks.
- Perform troubleshooting to identify why machine is shut down.
- Complete any assigned machine repairs, perform TPM on equipment as defined.
- Complete required operational inspection duties hourly as specified on IMS.
- Move component pans/ highboys to and from machines for operation within work cell.
- Reconcile scrap parts, empty pans of scrap parts into scrap bins.
- Clean assigned machine work area at end of shift.
- Complete inspection rounds of assigned machines; inspect processed parts and complete log at each machine. (Check for
- defects, if defect is identified, shut off machine, complete weight checks as required)
- Assists in training of set up helper (Die cast Tech III B) candidates.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Tooling TPM as defined.
PREREQUISITES: Satisfactorily Pass the Mechanical Aptitude, Blue Print, Shop Math and Management Readiness test, successful completion of lean management and problem solving educational courses.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Various Hand tools, pneumatic drills, impact wrenches, gauges, dies, gas torch, electric lift, fork lift, highboys, method sheets, setup instructions, quality charts.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PROVIDED BY STRATTEC):
Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, thermal protective gloves, face shield, Protective jackets, and leather shoes.
Heat, some oil mists, some smoke, molten metal, loud noises, and oily conditions at floor, hot and sharp components.
REQUIRED TRAINING (PROVIDED BY STRATTEC):
Lock Out Tagout, Personal Protective Equipment, and On the Job –operational/ set up training.