The Novo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Novo Group
The Payroll Analyst will assist the Payroll Manager with payroll processing, auditing, reporting, departmental training, regular system updates, and ongoing configuration requirements. They will also act as a liaison with HR system staff to accomplish process improvements, maintain system integrity, and respond to management and employee inquires as needed. The Payroll Analyst will receive general guidance with respect to overall objectives, but their work is usually independent of others. They will also operate within corporate and department policy guidelines, using considerable independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives. Confidentiality is essential in all aspects of this position.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
* This role will allow you to help shape the processes and procedures in the department.
* Being part of a smaller team (5) means you will have the ability to make a significant impact with visibility.
* Working closely with a dedicated and committed staff.
* Work in an environment where employees want to come to work and are shown appreciation.
* Dress code is casual, which includes wearing jeans!
* Assist/advise in the development of departmental and company reporting to meet quarterly, annual, and ad-hoc reporting requirements; including system release testing, audits, tax, agency requests, etc.
* Assist/advise in the interpretation and proper setup in Workday for wage garnishments, child support orders, and tax levies while ensuring integration data integrity.
* Review and adjust the setup in Workday for federal, state and sub-state taxes when necessary.
* Assist/advise/update when required: regular system maintenance of driver files, including various annual calendars, deductions, earnings codes, PTO benefit plans, GL accounts, tax table setup, etc.
* Serve as a team lead for Workday upgrade installation and testing, ADP system changes, and resulting integration modifications & development.
* Act as a departmental/systems liaison with the HR technical group, Benefits group, and contract programming staff regarding regular and ad-hoc system upgrades and changes.
Department Education Support
* Assist Payroll Manager with training departmental staff where/when needed.
* Continuously maintain departmental on-line training and reference materials.
Payroll Processing Support
* Responsible for assisting in the daily processing of payroll when/where needed.
* Continuously review and offer systematic process improvements, including the new hire on-boarding & termination processes and the timely set-up for accurate taxation.
* Assist, when required, in the review of employee HR/Payroll data and maintenance of employee payroll records.
* Assist in responding to employee inquiries and requests regarding payroll matters.
* Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
* Act as backup to Payroll Manager when necessary.
* Advise on the laws and requirements of paying employees in each state where the company has employees.
* Advise Service Center Managers and/or Payroll contacts at each operating company on communication for various payroll related matters.
* Assist with the annual maintenance related to the auditing of detailed reports on W-2s.
Skill / Requirements
* 5+ years of payroll related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience with Workday or similar systems (Oracle, SAP, ADP, etc.)
* General knowledge of ADP and its interfacing with other systems
* Experience working on payroll system setup, maintenance, updates/upgrades, and testing
* Understanding of data integrity and its importance in relation to integration/implementation
* Knowledge of payroll laws and requirements
* Excellent reporting skills
* Intermediate to advanced Excel skills, including the ability to create pivot tables and use VLOOKUP
* Ability and understanding to assist with the auditing of W2 reports
* Experience with wage garnishments, child support orders, and tax levies
* Familiarity with GL accounts
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate cross-functionally and with all levels of staff, including leadership/C-Suite
* Solid math skills for calculating figures and amounts such as commissions, percentages, ratios, and proportions
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
Desired Experience and Traits:
* Certified Payroll Professional Certification (CPP)
* Training instruction and/or LMS/L&D experience related to payroll
To apply, email your resume to: LoraStrachan@thenovogroup.com
Novo Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and recruitment services provider and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or candidate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.