The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custodian - La Crosse
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Regular Part-Time
To perform manual work generally of physical nature, incidental to the cleaning of the local Salvation Army buildings and grounds.
The Salvation Army Mission:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Vacuum all carpets, clean & disinfect all restroom facilities daily, sweep and mop floors daily
- Empty and discard waste daily
- Responsible for regular cleaning of various surfaces, with appropriate cleaners.
- Replace paper towels, toilet paper and soap as required
- Strip and wax floors as assigned
- Clean various offices and rooms regularly
- Assist with the care of the corps vehicles
- General repair work as needed
- Upkeep of the grounds through mowing the grass, raking, removing weeds, picking up litter, sweeping the parking lot, areas as needed
- Supervise community service participants and volunteers that have been assigned to work with you
- Provide seasonal assistance as needed
- Check in all janitorial supplies received including verifying invoices
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Corps Officer.
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum one year experience in janitorial and/or maintenance work
- Able to follow written and oral instruction.
- Must be able to obtain driver clearance from TSA’s insurance carrier
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends when required
- Must possess the initiative to keep all areas free of dirt/clutter
- Must be self-motivated
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervise community service and/or volunteers that have been assigned to work with you.
Able to lift and/or move at least fifty (50) pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of this job.
Travel: Some travel will take place within the greater La Crosse area. Occasionally travel could be further.
Working Conditions: Conditions will include working in areas with dust and odors from donated items. Conditions will also include standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and lifting. Condition will be both indoors and out but primarily indoors.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.