The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
KROC: Sports Attendant
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Sports and Recreation
- Regular Part-Time
Do you love sports and recreation? Join the Kroc team working with members and guests in our sports and recreation program area. The Sports Attendant oversees activities provided within recreation program at the Kroc in Green Bay and supervises gym patrons to ensure they have access to fun recreational opportunities in a safe and productive environment.
Working for Kroc has great perks like a flexible schedule, free individual membership, program discounts, and more. We are currently seeking employees with day, evening and weekend availability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
- Create an environment that facilitates the outcomes of the Search Institute’s 40 Developmental Assets for Youth.
- Promote and stimulate program participation.
- Provide role modeling and guidance to both youth and adults.
- Effectively implement and administer programs and activities for members and drop-in visitor.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participate in staff meetings and training events
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT: Uses a variety of office equipment including a computer, telephone, fax machine, copiers, printers and projection machines. Operate motor vehicles in the execution of some essential functions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Experience working with diverse groups of people in age, ethnicity, and abilities.
- Ability to handle youth and handle disciplinary issues effectively.
- Ability to interact with the general public in a calm, rational manner.
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent is desired.
1+ years of experience of working with youth and adults in a recreation setting is strongly preferred.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS: First Aid, CPR and AED Certification. Applicant must posses a valid Wisconsin Driver’s license with clearance to drive from The Salvation Army’s insurance carrier.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong personnel management skills, including the ability to delegate, motivate, and create a sense of team among the staff.
- Ability to anticipate future trends and position the Kroc Center in the market so that it sets, and/or maintains pace with, those trends.
- Ability to maintain a self-motivated and self-directed schedule.
- Ability to address multiple projects in a timely manner while being responsive and detail-oriented.
- Ability to interact with co-workers and the public in a positive, professional manner.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
- Ability to work in a team setting with other professionals.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.