The Salvation Army In the Midwest
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-Time Accounting Assistant - Dane County
at The Salvation Army In the Midwest
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Regular Part-Time
Performing an array of financial duties including coordinating financial transactions for accounts payable, accounts receivable, and seasonal fund raising.
The Salvation Army Mission:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
- Processes accounts payable invoices and internal check requests.
- Ensures proper account coding for invoices and internal check requests.
- Maintains spreadsheets tracking gift card donations and distributions.
- Opens daily mail with assigned staff member.
- Tracks in-kind gift receipts and prepares journal entries for Regional Accounting.
- Maintains spreadsheets related to seasonal donation activity.
- Prepares copies of check donations for Major Gifts, Director of Operations and development volunteers.
- Processes Church donations with second staff person.
- Maintains Service Extension budget and expenditures worksheet.
- Processes account receivable and makes deposits.
- Ensures proper account coding for revenue and donations.
- Scans invoices and sends to Regional Accounting for payment.
- Tracks EFT notifications and informs appropriate staff and Regional Accounting.
- Ensures proper account coding and tracking of restricted funds.
- Codes and tracks public funding and expenses related to specific accounts.
Education: Associates Degree in Accounting or Related field
Experience: Minimum 4 years of accounting work in a confidential office environment.
-Or- Any equivalent combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge of business, budget, and financial processes and practices.
- Knowledge of financial guidelines and terminology.
- Ability to quickly learn TSA accounting practices.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage and timely complete multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; professional telephone manner.
- Ability to function independently at times, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, e-mail, Internet, and experience with accounting software systems.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret reports, documents, and statistical data
Travel: Rare, but may be asked to attend Business seminars and other Salvation Army workshops and events within Wisconsin.
All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.