Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Enrollment / Eligibility Representative - Wausau, WI - 731699
at UnitedHealth Group
Position DescriptionPosition Description:
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
The Associate Enrollment / Eligibility Representative is responsible for answering incoming calls from customers, with an energetic, positive, friendly, yet in a professional manner, ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity. This position is responsible for providing expertise and customer service support to members and customers through direct phone-based service interaction answering and resolving a variety of inquiries.
The following duties cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of the job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties. Addendums may be added to state duties, responsibilities and / or requirements unique or specific to assigned area.
- Resolve customer service inquiries which include member eligibility information
- Provide the very best customer service to internal / external customers (Approximately 30-40 calls per day)
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Update enrollment based on customer request
- Recognize when to seek help for difficult situations from supervisor or senior enrollment representative
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing, multitasking team environment with multiple locations
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service, preferably in a call center atmosphere
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work late shift from 10:30 am to 7:00 pm CST and / or 8:30 am to 5:00 pm (TBD) with initial training between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm CST (training typically lasts 4-6 weeks)
- Ability to remain professional and empathetic during challenging calls
- Ability to multi-task, this includes the ability to navigate a computer while on the phone
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to be applied to customers, members and in a team environment
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Must be able to take control of the call while projecting a warm, customer-friendly tone
- Ability to work in a continuously changing environment
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
- Ability to work overtime if necessary
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or _expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: enrollment, claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, insurance claims, insurance contracts, office, UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Data Entry, phone support