Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GSOC Officers Needed for SC Johnson - Full and Part Time - Starting Pay $15.08- Racine, WI
at Allied Universal
- Category (Portal Searching)
- Security Officer
- Workdays Available
- Monday - Friday, Saturday - Sunday
- Shifts Available
- Afternoon, Evening, Morning, Overnight
$500 Sign on bonus for ACTIVE Wisconsin private security license. License must be active by the date of hire for qualify for the bonus.
- $15.08 hourly rate
- Based in Racine, WI
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal, North America’s leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program.? We promote from within our company!?You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories.
Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in the United States!
Allied Universal Services is currently searching for a Professional Security Operations Center (SOC) Security Officer for SC Johnson.
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) officer will be responsible for the monitoring of and facilitating response to various alarms, access control and emergency notification systems for many of the facilities both in the Greater Racine area along with several international locations. The GSOC officer facilitates responses, analysis, and communication during crisis events and situations from both physical locations and employees working or traveling from their home country. The GSOC officer is responsible for obtaining pertinent information regarding location and nature of the emergency, coordinating the notification and dispatching of appropriate emergency responders, and the prompt notification of appropriate management.
In addition the GSOC serves as a twenty-four hour point of contact for security, emergency, and crisis management operations. The GSOC will also provide support for Corporate Facilities and Transportation and provide the Production Facility with backup systems monitoring, emergency notification, and response capabilities.
- Protect employees, contractors, visitors, information, and property from injury, intrusion, damage, theft, fire, equipment failure, and other emergencies. Make notification and dispatch proper personnel to emergency situations or alarms reported or received by the GSOC.
- Monitor security access control systems, alarm systems, CCTV and other control programs and systems that protect employees and assets.
- Monitor local and global events that may impact operations and employees.
- Oversee the operation of security communications systems (radio, cell phones, computer network, and telephone) and security systems.
- Receive and coordinate response to emergency calls for service from employees and others in accordance with established procedures.
- Coordinate activities of mounted and dismounted patrol as prescribed by procedure and special assignment instructions.
- Monitor activities and provide support to operations and personnel as needed.
- Routinely conduct status checks to ensure functionality of equipment and systems. Conduct hourly or other time-specified life safety checks on other officers and other specified personnel.
- Monitor the weather events that may have an impact on employees and facilities.
- Provide off hour support to the transportation operation as needed.
- Maintain detailed shift security operations log of calls received and action taken by security force.
- Complete incident reports as required.
- Communicate with patrols and outlying posts as needed.
- Process non-emergency calls, providing accurate information and appropriate referrals.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance of communications center equipment and facility.
- Consistently complete required additional training and tests such as FEMA courses and procedure quizzes.
- Monitor security system for traveler safety and coordinate notifications and/or responses as needed.
- Develop professional reports for management.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work in a closed environment for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality and integrity at all times
- Must be reliable, arriving for duty at scheduled time.
- Must be able to read, speak, and write English neatly, completing all required logs, checklists, and reports in a timely manner using proper grammar and punctuation.
- Must be alert at all times while on duty.
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations correctly and with confidence.
- Must exercise excellent judgment at all times.
- Must wear and care for uniforms properly at all times.
- Must adhere to grooming and hygiene standards.
- Must be able to work well with other personnel.
- Must be able to learn and retain information about facilities, organizations, and management structure, as well as local municipalities containing locations.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to retain knowledge of, and follow, standard operating procedures, policies, and associated information.
Qualified applicants for the SOC Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least 18 years of age
- Valid Drivers License for at least one year
- Security experience preferred
- Computer skills necessary include: ability to learn new programs and systems, Microsoft Office Programs, and able to type proficiently.
- Previous security experience, familiarity with security procedures, and/or an educational background in security related disciplines are desirable.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test
- As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Remain flexible to ever changing environments; adapt well to different situations
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard;
- Neat and professional appearance
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to handle both common and crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 140,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: 866.825.5433 or www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.