Village of Weston
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Village of Weston
- Career Description
The lifeguard works under the direct supervision of the pool manager and head guards to safeguard swimmers from drowning or other accidents, rescue and resuscitate drowning victims, administer proper first aid, and secure medical assistance, if necessary. The primary responsibility of the lifeguard is to protect the life and well being of each person using the aquatic facilities.
- Enforce all rules and regulations.
- Provide necessary supervision to prevent accidents.
- Initiate Emergency Procedure if necessary.
- Administer proper first aid.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of issued equipment.
- Keep the aquatics area free of dangerous debris.
- Immediately report any needed repairs to the Pool Supervisor.
- Serve in a public information/relations capacity.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Pool Manager or Head Lifeguards. These duties include general housekeeping and thoroughly cleaning the facilities as well as various other jobs.
- Inspect rescue equipment, telephone, and first aid kit daily, restocking as necessary.
- Perform alert, preventative guarding.
- At least 15 years of age.
- Ability to perform lifeguard duties.
- Good eyesight and hearing.
- Certifications: Current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and C.P.R. for the Professional Rescuer.
- Successful completion of pre-season training.
- Ability to supervise activities of other people, give directions, and enforce rules and regulations.
- Must be able to pass a skills test involving swimming tests, demonstrate escapes, tows and rescues, and demonstrate the knowledge of spinal injury management.
- Must be mature enough to recognize and appreciate the vital nature of their responsibilities
- Have a sense of loyalty to the organization and a feeling of respect toward their supervisors and the public.