Western Technical College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Security Officer (part-time)
at Western Technical College
- Position Summary
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
Under supervision of the Security Coordinator, performs a wide variety of college campus security services using a community-oriented campus safety model to prevent violence and theft, to provide access to college facilities, and to respond to incidents affecting campus safety and security. Serves as field training officer to mentor student security officers and provide training on building-level patrol procedures. Will engage in enforcing the rules and regulations governing students, faculty, and staff with superior customer service and ethical integrity.
The Senior Security Officer position is a non-sworn position and is not authorized to carry a firearm or make arrests. This position includes weekends and holidays and includes all shifts.
- Essential Functions
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department. Perform other duties as assigned.
3. General Security Duties - Supporting Duty Statements:
- Mentor student security officers and provide training on building-level patrol procedures
- Patrol campus facilities and parking lots and parking enforcement
- Collect and transport deposits from various locations to financial institutions
- Check assigned areas for non-authorized individuals and/or suspicious activities
- Immediately report any serious incident to the proper authority and provide incident assistance as directed
- Check for maintenance problems and safety/security concerns while completing patrols
- Complete duty reports, incident reports, and injury reports as needed
Minimum Education Requirements:
- 2 yrs of College OR
- 2 yrs (4000 hrs) experience in related field OR
- 2 yrs (4000 hrs) combination of occupational experience inr elated field and education
- Applicants with experience in security, law enforcement or corrections preferred
- Valid Drivers License
- Special Instructions/About Western
This position reports to: Security Coordinator
This is a part-time non-benefit eligible position with up to 20 hours/week with starting salary is $15.00/hour
The Senior Security Officer position is a non-sworn position and is not authorized to carry a firearm or make arrests.
Applicant review will begin: September 3, 2019
Date of: Fall 2019
Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.