Westwood Professional Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Survey Instrument Person
at Westwood Professional Services
Survey Instrument Person - Appleton, WI
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Survey Instrument Person to join our OMNNI/Westwood Team in our Appleton, WI office. OMNNI/Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting the Crew Chief in the operation of a field survey crew.
- The major objectives are the quality (accuracy, thoroughness, meeting regulatory requirements, public relations) of work, safety, and maintenance of equipment.
- Must operate equipment, maintain safe work environment, protect and maintain the equipment and vehicles, accurately and efficiently collect field data and locate features.
- Record accurate and clear surveying notes
- Accurately record data points with data collector
- Set wooden stakes and iron rods, cut and clear brush, trees, etc.
- Adhere to the company’s Safety, Quality Management and Equipment Maintenance policies
- Make sure to start
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One (1) to Three (3) years of progressive experience in land survey field operations and proficiency with land survey equipment (total stations) and GPS is required.
- Good technical skills; process oriented behavioral traits including being steady, helpful, analytical, a problem solver, likes work alone when required, methodical, consistent, detail oriented, precise, likes structure.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Comfortable working at heights and on water bodies as required.
- OSHA 10 and CPR/First Aid or ability and willingness to acquire it
- Personnel are often asked to work certain project tasks unaccompanied
- Must be able to operate with a high degree of independence.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Team player, a "go getter," and having a positive attitude are a MUST
- Ability to travel and remain on a project site for 3-4 weeks at a time (must have the capability of self-funding the total amount of expenses until reimbursement can be disbursed)
- Any experience using Civil 3D, Trimble Business Center and Excel Spreadsheet is a plus
- Experience using Trimble instruments and software are advantageous
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, public infrastructure, wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2018, Westwood received Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For and Marketing Excellence awards, ranked on industry top 25 lists, and received recognition for its involvement on award-winning projects nationwide.